Susan J. Clouthier
- Appellate Law
- Criminal Appellate Law
- Post-Conviction Challenges
- Civil Appellate Law
- Family Appellate Law
Susan Clouthier graduated from the University of Houston Law Center in 2007, upon which she was selected for the prestigious position as briefing attorney at the 14th Court of Appeals for the State of Texas under Justice John Anderson. Due to this experience, she has an understanding of the inner workings of the appellate court system.
Susan focuses entirely on appellate matters, both civil and criminal. She is passionate about helping her clients overturn their verdicts, she stays in constant communication with her clients, and she fights hard for justice. Since she practices exclusively appeals, she has a deep understanding of the rules and procedures that are associated with the complicated appellate process. She also dedicates time to explain the complicated legal process to her clients so they fully understand.
Ms. Clouthier is a mother of two girls-- ages 12 and 10. She is also an avid triathlete-- a five-time Ironman triathlete and an Age Group National Championship qualifier. She is also a fan of Baylor football.
- University of Houston Law Center, Houston, Texas
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 10th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas
- Texas Bar Association, Appellate Section, Member
- Houston Bar Association, Appellate Section, Member
- The Woodlands Bar Association, Member
- Christian Legal Society
- Bar Association of the Federal Fifth Circuit
- Texas Women Lawyers, Member
- Principal Attorney
- 14th Court of Appeals for the State of Texas under Justice John Anderson, Briefing Attorney