Post-Conviction Remedies

Criminal Appeals Are Possible After A Conviction

If you have been wrongfully convicted of a crime or you feel justice was not served in your criminal conviction, you may feel like there is no hope. Unfair sentencing happens, and the justice system makes mistakes. If you were unfairly convicted or sentenced, or the facts were overlooked, you can appeal your case.

You want a skilled, compassionate and competent criminal appeals attorney. Susan Clouthier, the principal attorney at Clouthier Law, PLLC, defends clients against unfair convictions.

I Have Been Convicted Of A Crime. Can I Appeal My Case?

Every case is different, and the appeals process can be overwhelming. If you or a family member has already been convicted, this can be a scary time. The first thing you should do is hire an attorney who knows how to craft an effective appeal at all levels, including state and federal convictions.

There are options after a conviction and our firm can help you appeal or otherwise seek post-conviction relief. We will work with you, through every step of the legal process. Our team will explain everything that happens, and we will look at the facts that were presented in court and the evidence. We will make sure you were treated fairly in your trial.

Working To Discover Your Best Options

If you have been wrongfully convicted, come to us. We have defended the legal rights of clients and we have achieved positive results. We have had sentences shortened and charges dismissed.

Our focus is on appeals. We have challenged a wide range of convictions, and we will work to defend you in state and federal appeals courts. An appeal is not a new trial. There cannot be any new evidence or witness statements. A skilled attorney knows how to look at the facts of the case and build your appeal.

Free Initial Consultations Are Available

Whether you were convicted of a misdemeanor or a felony, there are possible appeals that we can work on. For a free consultation, call us at 832-849-5410 or email us.